Having done the dieting roller coaster and on a much more reasonable pace, now, I've learned to appreciate the small stuff when it comes to weight loss. It's those things that keep me going and fuel my goal of a healthy lifestyle. So, each week, I try to think of 10 small victories and keep track of them. They have amazing power when written down and available for reference. I use them as fuel and to combat some of the negative aspects, such as those I stated in my earlier post, "The Ugly Side of Weight Loss."
My 10 Small Victories, this Week:
1) I can wrap a bath towel all the way around me and give it a generous tucking in.
2) 3 people who didn't know I was trying to lose weight told me I look good, this week.
3) I can do Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, without pain.
4) Water tastes way better than Soda.
5) I can fold 3 baskets full of clean clothes without sitting down.
6) I don't need that 3rd cup of coffee. A good morning workout works just as well.
7) I have no desire to watch tv. I can't sit long enough to watch an entire show.
8) 3 Miles - Not so hard.
9) The smell of McDonald's makes me nauseous.
10) And, It now takes me 3 meals to finish 1 lunch meal from the local Chinese food place.
Simple and a tad bit silly, I find these things very satisfying. Small victories are my way of reminding myself that the process is worthwhile, no matter how slow things seem to be going.