To offset the extremely unhealthy Cinnamon Roll recipe, I thought I'd post a healthy recipe. This is a favorite with the children, especially when made as mini-muffins.
1 c. All-Purpose Flour (or White Whole Wheat Flour)
1 c. Traditional Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 t. Baking Soda
1 1/2 t. Baking Powder
1/2 t. Ground Cinnamon
1/4 t. Ground Nutmeg
1/2 t. Salt
1 c. Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt
1/4 c. Vegetable Oil (or 1/8 c. Oil + 1/8 c. Unsweetened Applesauce)
1/3 c. Honey
1 Large Egg, Beaten
1 c. Canned (in fruit juice) or Fresh Pears, Pealed & Chopped w/Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin cups.
- Mix together flours, baking soda/powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set Aside.
- Combine yogurt, oil/applesauce, honey, and egg. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add in pears/juice and mix.
- Spoon batter in to muffin cups to about 2/3 full.
- Bake 25-30 min for full sized muffins or 15-20 min for mini-muffins.
- Cool on rack and enjoy.